Saturday, November 30, 2013

Paris!


Bonjour!!!  Melissa and I arrived in Paris late last night, and we were very tired from our trip but very excited to be in Paris!  It's still hard to believe that I'm actually in Paris.  Today I think we literally walked across Paris and back to see several different monuments.  We have a view of the Eiffel Tower from our room, which is pretty awesome, but it's nothing compared to being right next to the Eiffel Tower. It really is amazing and especially beautiful at night.  The Eiffel Tower was our first stop and our last later on.  We went on to see the Arc de Triomphe, the Royal Palace, the Obelisk, and the Louvre.  All of these places were amazing to see, and I am thankful I had the opportunity to see these places.  We bought tickets and went inside the Louvre.  It is tremendously large, and we were only able to see a small portion of the museum.  The Mona Lisa was among one of our stops, as well as other paintings, sculptures, and Egyptian and Mediterranean art.  The history behind every piece of art in the Louvre is truly stunning, and it amazes me to think of how these art pieces were created, along with the time and love it took.  Needless to say, Melissa and I are extremely tired after our adventures today.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning!  
  
  
  
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment